Infrastructure and Data Centre Design Expertise Matched To Your Requirements
Wide experience, practical solutions and creative problem solving to minimise your risk
The challenges for data centres
In Data Centre architecture, the pressure to maximise rack space while trying to improve energy efficiency, is a constant challenge. Likewise, industrial developments require a flexible and extendable space, that can adapt for future technology.
We will bring a pro-active and practical data centre design solution, delivering creative architectural services closely integrated with your engineering teams, to achieve resilient and sustainable Data Centre design and industrial/warehouse solutions, whether you are building new, repurposing an existing structure or extending your facilities.
Combined with a creative approach to problem solving, we can help you deliver first rate, highly resilient facilities, that are right first time and completed on schedule.
Clients benefit from over 35 years’ in-depth knowledge and experience of designing and project managing large scale Data Centre developments in the UK, Europe, Russia, Singapore and across the Far East.
Our data centre architecture projects have included underground facilities, conversion of redundant factories, aircraft hangers, installation of new floors in existing data halls, extensions and alterations. For many of our new build schemes we have provided iconic designs, to reflect the futuristic ethos of the client company.
We understand your requirements from a mechanical and electrical engineering perspective and can help reduce the cost of building, particularly in terms of layout, sustainability and building fabric.
Using our experience can accelerate project development, especially during feasibility and concept stages.
For Industrial clients requiring flexible manufacturing capabilities on a constrained site, building new warehousing or extend existing facilities, we are practiced at rapidly turning our clients requirements into working architectural solutions, that understand and reflect your mission-critical ethos and goals.
Our technical experts can help you achieve a planning consent on heavily restricted sites and design attractive buildings to satisfy demanding local authorities. Our experience in working as part of a delivery team ensures the best value and best design within a tight programme.
With TP Architects you get:
- Experienced design team with Uptime Institute Certification, Tier 1,2,3,4 grades of resilience
- BREEAM Outstanding or Excellent buildings, and sustainable design solutions in all our projects
- Familiarity with working with leading companies such as Hewlett Packard, EYP Mission Critical Facilities and i3 Solutions
- Imagination, boldness and the vision necessary to design attractive buildings that will achieve planning consent
- UK planning experience, working with an established network of technical specialists, able to advise on issues such as air quality, noise, flooding, ground investigation, contamination, ecology etc, to provide advice early in the project.
- Realistic concept designs and keenly priced feasibility studies, with the skills to provide RIBA work stages 0-7 (full services) for large data centres
- Collaborative and friendly working relationship, practiced at supporting lead mechanical and electrical engineering consultants
- Ability to quickly translate requirements & client brief into detailed design and construction documents. We can assemble and lead a project team on your behalf or provide services for design build contracts.
Questions to consider
- Need to achieve Uptime Institute Certification, tier 4 grade resilience and BREEAM for your new data centre?
- Want to design a business park in the Green Belt?
- Need planning consent to extend your manufacturing space?
- Want to remodel your space to add enterprise rooms to extend server capacity?
Our no-nonsense, practical and thorough approach to any data centre, warehouse or factory project means we can identify and design out issues from the start, to avoid hidden costs.
Our experienced senior staff can quickly integrate into your design team, to work with your engineers to design or remodel your facility, to meet your exact requirements at an affordable cost.
To discuss a feasibility study, peer review or a site visit contact Peter Thomas on 01628 412388 or for more information please download our ‘Practice Document’ here.